Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quick Chocolate Pudding

My Emma had a dentist appointment today.  2 cavities :( probably because of my chocolate addiction.  In fact, our dentist tradition is this quick chocolate pudding.  I never quite understood the idea that you go to the dentist and then you get something sweet but thats the fact of it. (at least in my family!)

Thankfully we don't have to go back until January (well the girls and I at least Kyle has an appointment coming up)

1/2 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/8 t salt
2 3/4 cup milk (as always I use whole milk)
2 Tablespoons butter
1 t vanilla

Whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt.  GET ALL THE LUMPS OUT! I kept on thinking that the little lumps would go away, they don't.  Get all the lumps out BEFORE you add the milk.

Turn the stovetop on Medium heat and stir constantly with the whisk while adding the milk.  Once milk is all in, continue to whisk constantly until the pudding thickens and little wisps of steam start to appear.  (about 10 minutes)

Turn off the heat and whisk in soft butter and vanilla.

Serve hot or cold.  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment