Friday, September 9, 2011

Eggs in the Oven (German Pancakes)

Growing up we called this breakfast tradition, Eggs in the Oven.  Because that is what it is.


Melt a 1/2 cube of butter in a 9x13 pan at 425.


1 Cup Milk (When the need is there I have used Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Goats Milk, etc)
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
6 Eggs


Mix together in the Blender. Add Vanilla if you wish.


Bake 10 min at 425 and then 7 min at 325.  I don't open my oven I just change the temp & timer.


The dish gets all puffy and the butter is now on the top.  IT IS COOKED INSIDE!  So don't cook it longer.


Sprinkle Powdered Suger and Cinnamon and then cut into peiecs and eat.  Some people like to pour syrup on the top, but that covers the yummy butter, sugar, cinnamon flavors.  And that's the BEST part. So don't do that.  Unless you really want to. Just don't tell me. 


I was going to make this yumminess this morning but I don't have butter OR powdered sugar.  Before this I was going to make bread but I don't have gluten. I am seriously failing!

No comments:

Post a Comment