Friday, September 9, 2011

Quick & EASY Mousee

I like to make sure I have a bit of chocolate every day. But I don't really have any drive to eat a candy bar. If I'm eating the calories, it's going to be DANG WORTH IT. period! So here is one I found in this awesome book my dad randomly bought for me called 1000 best recipes. So far, the tittle has been spot on. This Mousee recipe is great 'cause there are only 3 ingredients and they are a staple in my kitchen, and it took 10 minutes to make. It is a bit dish heavy for so few steps, but whatever :) it's worth it.







So easy!! And quick! And ingredient friendly!

Ingredients:
4 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
4 eggs separated
3/4 cup cream


Bring water in a small saucepan to a simmer and put a glass bowl on top of the saucepan (so it's like a lid) - make sure the water isn't touching the bowl.

Pour chopped chocolate in and stir occasionally until melted. Remove from heat.

Slightly beat egg yolks and add them to the dark chocolate.

Whip egg whites to soft peak stage and fold into chocolate mixture, until the mixture is fully incorporated into each other, otherwise your finished dessert will have spots of dense chocolate (learned from trial & error!)


Whip cream to soft peak stage and FOLD! into chocolate with a metal spoon.

Once just combined, pour into wine glasses or Ramkins and chill for 3+ hours

This has NO (added) SUGAR!!!! how spectacular! Guilt free in my book!

Brit


No comments:

Post a Comment