Monday, September 19, 2011

Simple Chinese Stir-fry

Here's what I did for dinner tonight- SO EASY I wanted to make sure I wrote this down because the flavor wasn't overbearing but still was yummy.
Very often I forget to write how I made a sauté dish & I can't seem to repeat it, so I hope this little blog helps me out on this one :)

Here it is:
1 cup uncooked Basmanti Rice
2 chicken breasts
4 cups (ish) of costco's frozen stir-fry veggies (no sauce included!!)
Rice vinegar
Soy sauce
Garlic salt
Sesame seed oil
Olive oil
Natures seasoning
Butter


I'm sorry I don't have ratios for the seasonings but I just sprinkled here & there :)

So I cooked the rice,

- boil 2 cups water, add 1 cup rice, bring back to a boil and then cook covered on low for 20 min.

Meanwhile,

Cut chicken into small cubes and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
Sauté chicken with about 1 T of olive oil, a quick drizzle of rice vinegar, 1/2 (ish) T of sesame seed oil and 1/8 cup of soy sauce. Don't overcook!! Once done, set aside, covered.

Sauté veggies in a bitty drizzle of olive oil (and in the same pan you just cooked the chicken in & the flavor from that will be on the veggies)

When the veggies are almost done, check your rice.

When it's done, sprinkle natures seasoning on it, drizzle some olive oil & add 1 T of butter, mix it all in to the rice & whalla! Yummy rice!

I put my chicken & veggies in the same bowl just side by side and serve with the rice.

Emma loved it so much that she's taking it to school in her lunch tomorrow, cold!

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment