Saturday, April 28, 2012

No Sugar French Toast

So, I am starting a NO SUGAR 3 month period.  I have been feeling a bit lousy of late and while I have been improving this will hopefully get me over the bump.  I LOVE breakfast.  And I LOVE french toast.  But usually on french toast we put Nutella, which equals sugar.

SIDE NOTE: A few months ago, My oldest daughter asked for syrup and nutella on her breakfast and we have a strict -1 sugar topping only rule- and so "nope, sorry" was what came out of my mouth.  Kyle was confused.  "I thought Nutella was a healthy spread, I thought that's why you ate it."  NOPE! DANG! I could have kept fooling him and he would have kept thinking so highly of his healthy wife.  I didn't even know that I was fooling him.  Oh Well.

 This morning, (I made my whole wheat bread recipe yesterday)  we had french toast on our healthy bread.  In the french toast batter I put eggs, a bit of milk, 1 tsp of vanilla.  And we put some Cinnamon.  But I am allergic to cinnamon, so it goes in AFTER I make my two pieces of french toast.

On the Top of the french toast I put....
The last of my Almond butter (major grocery shopping to happen on Monday)
A sprinkling of Cocoa Powder
and the frozen berries from Costco ( I thawed them first)

IT was FANTASTIC!!!



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Iam SUPER excited about this NO SUGAE french toast we just started a no sugar for the month of may EKKK. I honestly don't know how I will survive. thanks for the recipes I just might do this when I get home.

    ReplyDelete