Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Most fantastic Breadsticks

Luisa's Breadsticks...

My fantastic friend is a fantastic cook.  She gave me this great breadstick recipe.  It came from her husbands college roommates friends aunt.  Or something like that.  She uses the good stuff, white flour.  But I (because of my sensitive tummy to all things processed) use 1/2 whole wheat flour..

SIDE NOTE:  The flour that I use I get straight from the farmer.  It is Hard White Spring Wheat.  It is fantastic for making bread and sooooo good for you! It makes the bread nice and light!  Also, whenever I use whole wheat flour from the store, its yucky.  So just get some very cheap wheat berries from the farms and borrow my wheat grinder.  SOOOO WORTH IT.


So I don't have pictures, sorry.  I need to give this recipe so that I can give the next one.  Stromboli!


So you whisk together ...


1/2 cup of warm water and add, 4 tsp of yeast and 1 T of sugar.  Let sit until its all foamy.


Meanwhile...
Combine
 2 1/4 cups of Whole Wheat Flour and 
1 1/4 cups of bread flour. 
1 T of sea salt. 
1 cup of hotish water.  


then add the yeast mixture.


Knead for 10 min, until all nice and smooth


Let rise for 1 hour
punch down
Let Rise for another hour


Then roll out into a long 18 inch by 12 inch rectangle.  Cut into one inch strips.  


Take one strip, stretch it out, fold in half, then twist.  Pinching the ends roll this into 1 cube of melted butter.  Then lay it on a cookie sheet.  Repeat with all the strips of dough.

(you can sprinkle with salt or parmesan cheese if you want before you bake it)

Bake for 15 min at 425.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment